Sunday, August 2, 2009

Hi Grandma and Grandpa!!

Grandma and Grandpa Dietz are down in Oregon and are going to meet Lucy sometime around Labor Day when Brian and I take her down there for a week or so. They are so excited about Lucy, and we cannot wait to get down there and introduce them. I told my mom when I talked to her this morning that I would put up a bunch more pictures of Ms. Lucy for her - so here they are.

Brian has the magic touch when it comes to burping Lucy. She really seems to dig his patented sideways airborne technique and almost always complies with a drunken sailor quality belch. For me - nothing. I guess she'll be looking to Daddy for the finer points of belching technique!
















We took Lucy outside to check the status of her jaundice. She has a bit of jaundice - but nothing too bad. The pediatrician told us to check her eyes and skin in the sun, because the yellow cast would be more obvious...plus Lucy gets to take a trip outside to see the yard that turned brown and yellow during the heat wave while we were in the hospital. So much for cool, wet, dark Seattle - it's been like the Sahara desert around here lately!















Daddy and Lucy trying to avoid the direct sunlight - Lucy has a newborn size sun bonnet, which, as you can see, is about six sizes too big.
















This is Lucy sleeping in her Boppy - she really does love to get all swaddled up and hit the Boppy for a much deserved nap! She's wearing the fabulous swaddling blanket that was a gift from my friend Rebecca - it's the exact perfect size and weight for swaddling and so soft, Lucy loves it.
















Lucy loves her Winnie the Pooh hat. It's sort of floppy in the back and I think she looks like a train conductor. The ears really make the outfit I think!















This is the "Should I cry or should I just go back to sleep?" face. Thankfully, so far, going to sleep seems to win out most of the time.
















Lucy is wearing the polka dot onesie Grandma Linda bought her. And look at those long legs!!! And the feet...oh man, the feet. Brian says she's going to be a barefoot water-skier when she grows up, and I believe him. When she came out, the doctor put her on my stomach and the VERY FIRST thing I said was "Oh my gosh, look at her feet - they're huge!". Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment