Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Lucy has a shadow.

During our recent snowstorm, I was forced to take Lucy outside to play in the sub-zero freezing temperatures due to a total lack of cable and the fact that Brian was out of town...what can I say? I was desperate. While Lucy was excitedly exploring the snowy tundra, she suddenly noticed for the first time ever...this weird thing following her around. No matter where she went, there it was! So weird! She was totally fascinated and it was so funny to watch as she would move and then stop, stare, and watch to see if this...thing...on the snow moved too. I wish that pictures could accurately portray a moment as cool as seeing someone discover their shadow for the very first time, but I guess you'll have to take my word for it, it was sort of weirdly amazing.

And, in case you couldn't have guessed, I totally ruined this wondrous moment by FORCING Lucy to come inside once her snot had turned to icicles and her fingernails were purple. I'M SO MEAN! Next thing you know, I'll be forcing her to eat vegetables and not allowing her to wear eyeliner until she's 16. Or possibly 35.




2 comments:

  1. LOVE the pics! It's so cute to watch them discover stuff - kinda restores hope for the future, at least a little bit anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been catching up on your blog. This is my favorite entry. I remember the day Luke first saw his shadow too.

    ReplyDelete