Sunday, May 9, 2010

Supersize Mother's Day Edition...

Wow - Mother's Day... . Last year, Brian gave me a book "signed" by Lucy, and a card, and none of it felt real because, well, I wasn't actually a mom yet. I mean...yes...I cared about Lucy already (so much that I gave up wine for 5 whole months...j/k...10 LOOOOOONG months), but she didn't seem real until she joined us in the Outside World. And so, now I'm her mom. And it's weird! Good and wonderful, but weird. She's such an interesting person, and she's just so...herself.

Being a mom makes me appreciate my own mom so much more. I love her, obviously, but man...I was a pretty good kid (I think!), and still...wow. So, I loaded up this post with Lucy pictures, which I know my mom loves. And, I think I should say "Thanks!" And, "You're a Saint". And, "I can't believe you did it without strangling me during, roughly, ages 13-20." Also, sorry about the grape kool-aid on the rug that I moved a lamp over to cover it up, and for stealing all your socks, and for...well...ages 13-20 (at least!).

Thanks for not killing me and for being the mostest besterest Mom ever! Now, on to the pictures.


This is Lucy's new move. I've tentatively named it the Lucy Purcell Underarm Binky Hold.


This is Lucy (you've all met her). That thing she's reaching for is a HUGE GROSS WORM. Thanks Daddy! He had to take it away because she tried to eat it. Sigh.

Your human barriers will never stop me from reaching the cable box...my precccciiioooouuusssss....

Oh hi!

I can haz cel fone?
This next series of three shows Lucy trucking along behind her little cart. Every once in a while, she just randomly stands up behind it and motors across the living room. After a few steps, she squats down as if to say, "Why can't a girl get a Diet Coke around here?"






No comments:

Post a Comment