Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Lucy is confused...but in a good way.

My friend Emma gave us a Johnny Jump-Up for Lucy, and today I tried it out for the first time. Basically, you put it in the doorway, and the theory is that the baby then...jumps up (and down, presumably). I put Lucy in it this morning and she didn't really jump in either direction. She stared at me for awhile, then chewed on the edge of it, then chewed on her hand, and then looked at me as if to say "You want me to do WHAT?". So, anyway, I spent quite a while helping her to bounce and swing in it, which she thought was pretty fun, and every once in awhile she would accidentally bounce on her own and then look at me like "WHAT JUST HAPPENED???".

We'll keep trying it and hopefully she'll get the hang of it. In the meantime, there's always arms and hands to chew on, so she's basically happy without all this newfangled play equipment I keep shoving down her throat all the time.




1 comment:

  1. ha! Neither of my kids did much in this either, but you should have seen my younger brother go to town (many moons ago, but very memorable).

    ReplyDelete