Monday, July 27, 2009

The waiting is the hardest part....

We're in the middle of a massive heatwave here. It's in the 90's, and there is no air-conditioning to be found anywhere...especially in our house. Brian's mom did let us borrow a window unit, and it is definitely chugging away, but I don't think it is prepared to deal with this kind of heat.

I am 39 weeks and 3 days pregnant. I am huge. Roughly the size of a Mack truck. No, really.

We are scheduled for an induction on Thursday, July 30th, at 7am. I truly wish Lucy would decide to come on her own before then for many reasons, not the least of which is that the hospital is air-conditioned. But, given that she seems quite content to remain inside me pretty much forever (ie: my due date is this week and I haven't dropped yet), and the fact that I was about 2 weeks late myself...I would say I am genetically predisposed to being pregnant with this little I'm-in-no-hurry-at-all baby.

So, we will update this website with baby details and hopefully some pictures once she gets here - which should be sometime Thursday or Friday depending on how resistant to the induction process she is. Knowing both her parents like I do (haha), I'm counting on her to be extra stubborn.

1 comment:

  1. Did Lucy beat the heat yesterday or did she stay in the kitchen?

    ReplyDelete