Friday, July 3, 2009

Making progress

Well, Lucy and I saw the doctor yesterday. She says I am 1cm dilated and 50% effaced. She also said she thinks we'll see Lucy "sooner rather than later". Of course, everyone I know keeps pointing out that you can walk around 1cm dilated for, like, a month. So...I guess we'll see. Brian and I are starting to feel like it's time to finish up all those last minute things though. I think we'll be putting together a few last little baby items this weekend, packing my hospital bag, and getting the house in order. We're also going to a 4th of July party at Brian's coworker's house, which should be fun. It's been in the mid-80's here, and without air conditioning, I'm pretty much hiding in whatever the coolest room of the house is at any given moment.

We will definitely keep everyone informed as to our progress (or lack thereof). I will definitely not be allowed to go past 39 weeks because of my blood pressure, so we have 3 weeks left - absolute maximum. Yikes!

In non-baby news - my mom comes home today! WELCOME HOME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment