Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Lucy is ready for summer.

First of all, despite my continued slavish devotion to all of her earthly needs, Lucy would like you to know....DADDY! Sigh.

Now that we've gotten that out of the way, Lucy has been very excited this week about the advent of shorts weather. Well, by "Lucy" I mean "me," and by "excited" I mean "wishful." It did get above 50 degrees for three ENTIRE days last week and Lucy wore shorts EACH and EVERY one of those days. Sure, her lips were blue, but I reminded her she's a Dietz-Purcell and told her to suck it up and take a lap. HA!

Lucy picked out these sunglasses herself. A) She loves them. B) They are decorated with skulls and crossbones. She'll be plundering in no time. We're SO PROUD!

This picture contains not only pedal pushers, which are so cute, but books. This would be the perfect opportunity for me to point out how intellectual she is and how much she loves to read, but truthfully she stacked these up and stood on top of them to reach a pair of nail clippers we left on the bookshelf. Had she reached them, I have no doubt the propane line would be history and there Elmo and Lucy would be roasting marshmallows over the smoking pit where our house used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment